Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Whats Most Important?

What is most important thing to know when trying to enter the job market and get an interview? Well some would say college degree others would say experience or even who you know.... They are all right. You do need experience, one thing I have learned is internships directly translate into an advantage over your competition, don't wait until the last minute to start looking for internships because what I have found is it gets harder the closer you get to graduation so start early!! OK so now lets get into who you know, this one is a big one it is all about who you know and how they can help you! Networking is one of the most important things to understand and utilize, the more people you know, the better your chances are at landing an interview or finding opportunities. I know this all sounds like common sense but I never knew these things were so important and knowing is half the battle, especially in today's job market. So just a little advice for today, hopefully I have a better topic tomorrow. I am still a waitress but I promise it wont be for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment